Cigarettes are the number one killer in the USA. Smoking potentially increases the risk of heart diseases, stroke
, oral cancer
, lung cancer
, esophageal cancer, bladder cancer, high blood pressure, infertility, osteoporosis, mental depression and low birth weight. Smoking takes a heavy toll on the health and wealth of the smoker. The nicotine present in cigarettes is addictive and provides a false sense of psychological comfort.
The benefits of quitting to smoke are many folds. The following tips may help you overcome the urge to smoke.
- Make an list of points indicating why you smoke and like cigarettes.
- Against each point noted above write down the options or find alternatives for overcoming each cause. The more detailed you solution, the better are your chances of quitting.
- Set a reasonable quit date and keeping reminding about it.
- Don’t buy cigarettes in bulk. Buy only when you want to smoke. This reduce your number of cigarettes.
- When you crave for smoking try concentrating on other activities. Take a walk, drink water, play with your kids or dog, chew a gum, drink coffee, have a shower, practice deep breathing or talk to someone who does not smoke.
- Instead of cigarette try keeping some flavored toothpicks.
- Acupuncture can help quit smoking.
- Study indicate that taking Avena sativa helped habitual tobacco smokers significantly.
- Involve your near and dear ones to help you Quit Smoking.
- Change your daily routine to avoid cravings after a particular task.
- If something is bothering you speak out rather than being in the company of a cigarette.
- If you have failed to quit try again.
- Don’t allow anyone to smoke in your home, car or even while sitting next to you.
- Quit when you’re in a good mood.
- Exercise regularly and remind yourself that by quitting smoking you are doing a world of good.
- Replace your cigarettes with a healthy snack.