Tips For Good Sleep
To stay healthy, we all need to have a proper sleep and for proper duration. The best practice is to sleep early and wake early, and sleep for 7-8 hours in 24 hrs. Disturbed sleep, sleep for times less or more than the normal sleeping hours, sleep at odd hours; can all prove detrimental to health. Human body has a set requirement for relaxing of muscles and tonal refreshment. If the balance gets disturbed, it immediately starts showing its effects.
Not only physiology, but humans can also suffer from psychological stress and strain due to improper sleeping habits. One of the most affecting and uncomfortable disorders related to sleeping is insomnia.
For a good sleep you can check these tips and give them a try:
- Most individuals need at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Sleep Only at Night.
- Maintain a Sleep Schedule.
- Try going to bed at the same time.
- Avoid having dinner just before going to bed.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before bedtime.
- Keep your bedroom pleasant and cosy.
- Spend some time everyday in the sunlight.
- Television, Computer and Electronic devices in the bedroom, distract sleep.
- Keeping cell phones and alarm clocks under the pillow is a bad idea.
- Bedroom should always be a little cooler.
- Bedding should always be comfortable.
- Cut down noise in the bedroom.
- Make sure to go to loo before going to bed.
- Keep the bedroom dark or dimly lit.
- Read a book.
- Listen soft music.
- Take a Warm Shower.
- Quit smoking.
- Exercise helps sleep.
- Try a few relaxation techniques.
- Keep the clutter out of your brain.