Singapore is a nation inhabited and frequented by people from all over the world. It is not only a destination for business and leisure but over the years it has also become one of the preferred destinations for many medical tourists for its excellent health care facilities. It is ranked sixth in the world for health care facilities by the World Health Organization.
The medical facility provided in Singapore is one of the best in Asia. Its private and public sector for medical healthcare is commendable as the government believes that citizens should get the best services. Thus, the medical tourists from all around the world get the best of the available treatments and facilities. Also, all the health care professionals including nurses and pharmacists are registered under Singapore nursing board and Singapore pharmacy board.
Singapore has expertise in some of the most complex medical fields like Cardiology, Neurology, Obsterics and Gynecology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics and Paediatrics. They are also well skilled in various cosmetic surgeries. The doctors and medical staff are trained to provide the best healthcare service and care to the patients; hence providing peace of mind to the patient’s family as well.
Key reasons for medical tourism in Singapore
Singapore has been a chosen destination for medical tourists for various reasons:
- Patients feel safe in the hands of doctors in Singapore as they are trained from well-known institutes around the world. Also many hospitals are accredited by international accredited agencies like JCI.
- It is known as the regional hub for best medicine practices. In addition, Singapore is the preferred destination of medical professionals for various conferences, seminars and trainings. It also provides healthcare consultancy.
- Due to highly developed biometric centre, it has become headquarters for many companies.
- The cost of medical treatment is bit higher than other Asian companies but still it is comparatively less when compared to the cost of treatment in UK and the US. There is no compromise on the quality of treatment.
- No adjective would be sufficient to describe Singapore; it is one of the most developed, clean, urbanized and efficiently managed countries in the Asia. People are provided with clean water and better sanitation facilities and thus, the life expectancy in Singapore is recorded highest in the world.
- If you are looking for more specialized treatments then Singapore is the destination for you. They also have cutting edge treatments for cancer patients.
- Language is not a barrier in Singapore; people can fluently speak in English. You will find people from different cultures and from the length and breadth of the world.
- Singapore is blessed with a tropical climate and hence, it is favorable for many people. The rainfall is also abundant in Singapore.
- You can relax yourself, as you would get the best medical care needed for your ailment.
- It is also one of the best tourist destinations, so you can take the advantage of sightseeing after your treatment. Singapore attractions comprises of beautiful architectural buildings, gardens, places of worship, ethnic quarters, rivers, parks, wildlife sanctuaries, and museums. Above all, the shopping malls are a major center of attraction in Singapore. Some of the tourist places of note are Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Botanic Gardens, Chinatown, Little India, Sentosa, Singapore Zoo etc.
Other Popular Medical Tourism Destinations: