Costa Rica – A beautiful destination that has welcomed over thousands of tourists for years is also a price saving destination for medical tourists. The tourists from US, Canada and Europe have been considering it as a good option for medical treatments. Costa Rica has also been ranked 36th in health system worldwide.
The various treatments offered in Costa Rica are Complex life saving treatment capabilities, intermediate life saving treatment capabilities and advanced life saving treatment capabilities. It also offers a life style treatment service, which means a complete package for dental and cosmetic surgery. This place is mostly known for its expertise in dental and cosmetic procedures but now they have also started considering other medical procedures for the benefits of the medical tourists.
The popular destination for medical tourism is San Jose. This place is the only destination in the country with three JCI accredited hospitals. The beauty of Costa Rica is that it is flanked by the Pacific Ocean on one side of the country and Caribbean Sea on the other side. Thus, it is blessed with pristine beaches, beautiful green mountains, rainforest, lakes and rivers. The mountains were mostly formed by the volcanic eruption and there are still many active volcanoes and hot springs around Costa Rica. It is rich in Plant and animal life. As a souvenir you can get the best coffee and hand-crafted wooden art from Costa Rica for your friends and family.
Key factors of medical tourism in Costa Rica
The various factors that encourage medical tourism in Costa Rica:
- The price for dental and cosmetic surgery is too low when compared with the same medical treatment in developed countries. Mostly medical tourists from US, UK and Canada prefer Costa Rica as one of the destinations for medical tourism.
- A culture of social peace has been encouraged in Costa Rica for many years; as a result they have an economical and political stability. Such peaceful atmosphere helps the medical tourist to relax. This place does not have an army, which was abolished centuries ago.
- They have one of the best quality of life in Latin America; this gives the medical tourist a homely feeling.
- They have three JCI accredited hospitals which provides the medical tourists with best technologies and qualified medical professionals.
- The medical technology offered to the foreign and domestic patients are advanced. The reason for such latest technology is the boom in medical device industries in the country.
- The doctors are well qualified in their field; most of them have completed their studies from US or Europe.
- Language won’t be a barrier even if their main language is Spanish; they are all well versed in speaking and writing in English.
- The good thing about Costa Rica is that the time zone is US Central standard time, thus the medical tourists from US won’t face jet-lagging issues too.
- Canadians, Americans, and Europeans staying for less than 90 days do not require a visa for Costa Rica. However, they do need a passport that has to be valid for 30 days.
- The beautiful and scenic locations of Costa Rica helps the medical tourists to recover. Nicoya is one of the four “Blue Zones” in the world, where natives are blessed with a long and healthy life.
It is very clear that Costa Rica is an ultimate destination for health, fun and savings. You can plan a vacation and then also opt for a health care treatment at a low cost. The medical tourism is growing at a rate of 50% every year. Costa Rica saw over 30,000 medical tourists in the year 2010.
Other Popular Medical Tourism Destinations: