Grape is a natural fruit, the skin, leaves and seeds of which are often used to make medicines suited for different purposes. Grapes are also eaten directly from the plant which serve several health benefits.
Functions of Grape
- Grape is considered effective in promoting better blood circulation in the body. It is especially effective in treating chronic venous insufficiency thereby preventing severe leg swelling.
- Grape helps prevent blood clots and this eventually reduces the chance of heart attacks.
- Grapes are useful in treating asthma and related breathing problems.
- Grapes are useful in treating migraine attacks and body pain to a certain extent.
- Grapes are useful in reducing or treating different kinds of eye problems.
- It is sometimes considered the Queen of Fruits because it provides several required vitamins and minerals.
- Grape is also effective as an anti-oxidant.
- It can help in the prevention and treatment of colon and prostate cancer.
- It is also useful in treating degenerative heart disease and related disorders.
- It can help treat Alzheimer’s disease as well.
- It can help prevent certain allergies or fungal infections.
- Grapes also have several anti-inflammatory benefits.
- It is a rich source of copper, iron and manganese and can be effectively used to treat deficiencies in people.
- It can help treat constipation and other stomach problems or gas too.
- It is useful in providing relief to women suffering from heavy menstruation.
- It can also help in the treatment of high cholesterol.
- It can also help prevent severe heart diseases if consumed regularly.
- Grapes can soothe several kinds of Kidney problems and can help prevent existing kidney problems from worsening.
- Grapes contain a high amount of organic acids that can help in better overall digestion.
Tips and Warnings
- Grape is considered to be safe for most people.
- However, eating too many at a time may cause stomach pain or lead to diarrhea.
- Some people may have allergic reactions to grapes. This may lead to indigestion, vomiting or nausea.
- Grapes have a high amount of contaminants because of the way they are handled. It is therefore important to handle them carefully and wash them well before consuming. This should especially be followed when you are giving Grapes to young children.
- Other common side effects include severe cough and cold because the skin of the grape may affect the throat, infections, headaches or muscular problems.
- Women who are pregnant or those who are breast feeding should avoid eating grapes because it may affect the fetus or newborn baby.
- Grapes have a high amount of Glucose and Fructose. This can influence the natural blood sugar level in the body. It may also affect the health of a diabetic patient if eaten in large quantities.
- Eating too many grapes may lead to gas too.
- It may lead to choking hazards in children because of its size. It should therefore be given with care to young children.