What Makes a Good Diet?
The food we eat has got a lot to do with staying healthy. Human body requires a number of essential nutrients and in appropriate amounts. The requirement amounts have been identified and depend on factors like the age, gender and physical activities performed by the person. Scarcity and even excess of these nutrients can have direct effects on the health of the person. A good diet as such contains the required nutrients in proper amounts. There are foods that either contains too much of undesired nutrients or too little.
A good diet should be based on:
- Foods with plenty of fibre; e.g., Cereals, Beans, Vegetables, Wholegrain.
- Fresh Fruits and Salads. They are rich in vitamins and essential body minerals.
- Fish and Unsaturated Fats. Fish is a good source of proteins and vitamins. Saturated fats, usually the fats that solidify at room temperature are not good for health.
- Plenty of Water. Water is one of the most important ingredients of a good diet. Inadequate consumption of water is also responsible for a number of health problems.
- Moderate Dairy Products to control Cholesterol.
- Milk, Curd and Yogurt for Calcium requirements.
- No Unnecessary Vitamin Supplements
- No Extra Salt
- Avoid taking too much Fast-food.
- Eat as per your body calories requirement.
- Use of Diet & Weight loss supplements