is an inflammatory disease of the air passages. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. If not managed, Asthma can be serious and fatal. It is important to know that the disease is a chronic condition. The severity of asthma symptoms can fluctuate, depending on weather, air quality and levels of allergens in your home. There are many ways to prevent an Asthma attack. The following tips can help in controlling and managing Asthma.
- It is very important to know what triggers your Asthma. It could be pets, allergies, food, weather. Pay attention to these triggers and try to stay away from them.
- If you are on medication take them regularly and as per Doctors advice. Refill your medicines before you run out of them.
- Keep quick relief medicines or inhalers always handy.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Tell people around you, that you have Asthma.
- Eat foods with omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium.
- Avoid trans fats and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Wash your bedding regularly in hot water.
- Use allergy-proof covers on pillows and mattresses.
- Do not allow pets in your bedroom.
- Avoid keeping Carpets, Rugs and Stuffed Toys. If you cannot remove, vacuum them 2-3 times a week.
- Avoid areas with smoke and dust.
- Prevent mold in your house and work place.
- Avoid extremely cold or extremely hot and humid weather.
- Avoid strong perfumes and chemical cleaners.
- Avoid stress. Stress can trigger asthma attacks.
- Keep you home, bug and insect free.